Over the past several years many changes have been made that affect the trucking industry. Among the most significant are those affecting the Hours-of-Service, Load Securement, and Driver Training areas of the Federal Motor Carriers Regulations. The State of Maine has also adopted many of these changes.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Company Owners
- Safety Directors
- Others who are involved with checking drivers logs for accuracy and the company’s compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED:
- Motor Carrier Profile
- Driver Qualifications
- Hours of Service
- Load Securement
- and much more!
GET ANSWERS TO THESE COMMON QUESTIONS
- What records do I need in the Driver Qualifications files?
- May my drivers log “off-duty” for lunch?
- How have the load securement regulations changed
- Do I have to conduct driver background checks?
- Do I have to release information about drivers who have worked for the company?
- When do my drivers need to be alcohol and/or drug tested?
- Under what conditions can a driver start a new 60-hour/7 day or a 70-hour/8-day schedule?
- How many hours may my drivers work and/or drive?
Each registered attendee will receive a copy of the Management Edition of the FMCSR.
DATE AND LOCATION:
October 29, 2021
Time: 8:30 a.m. to noon
Fee: $85 for MMTA members | $145 for non-members
To be held at the MMTA office at 142 Whitten Road in Augusta.
Pre-registration is required!