Over the past several years many changes have been made that affect the trucking industry. Among the most significant are those affecting the Hours-of-Service, Load Securement, and Driver Training areas of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations (FMCSR). The State of Maine has also adopted many of these changes. Take advantage of this half day training and reserve your seat today!
Who should attend?
- Company Owners
- Safety Directors
- Others who are involved with checking drivers logs for accuracy and the company’s compliance with FMCSR.
Topics to be discussed:
- Motor Carrier Profile
- Driver Qualifications
- Hours of Service
- Load Securement
- and much more!
Get answers to common questions such as:
- What records do I need in the Driver Qualifications files?
- May my drivers log “off-duty” for lunch?
- How have the load securement regulations changed?
- Do I have to conduct driver background checks?
- Do I have to release information about drivers who have worked for the company?
- When do my drivers need to be alcohol and/or drug tested?
- Under what conditions can a driver start a new 60-hour/7 day or a 70-hour/8-day schedule?
- How many hours may my drivers work and/or drive?
Each registered attendee will receive a copy of the Management Edition of the FMCSR.
February 25, June 10 & October 28
8:30 a.m. to noon
To be held at the MMTA office at 142 Whitten Road in Augusta.
$85 for MMTA members | $145 for non-members
Be sure to follow us on social media to learn about upcoming trainings!