Roadcheck 2019 is scheduled for June 4 through June 6. Commercial vehicle inspectors, Troopers, and the FMCSA from across North America will be out in force for this 3-day period. Roadcheck is sponsored by the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) and is the largest targeted enforcement program on commercial vehicles in the world. On average, 17 trucks or buses will be inspected every minute during the 72 hour period in Canada, Mexico, and the United States. The checks will be performed by approximately 10,000 CVSA-certified inspectors at 1500 locations across North America. The focus for this year’s enforcement effort will be on steering and suspension.
While we know our members strive for compliance and safety every day, this is a good time to review motor carrier safety and remind drivers of the importance of a proper pre-trip inspections.
Here are some tips from MMTA in advance Roadcheck 2019:
- Remind drivers of the 3-day event and to be prepared for additional enforcement.
- Ensure all required paper work i.e. registrations, ELD compliance, insurance, inspection documents etc. are prepared and readily accessible in each CMV.
- Check fire extinguishers, triangles, spare fuses, and other safety items are on board.
- Remind drivers of the requirements for a proper pre-trip inspection.
- Review maintenance files and DVIR’s for all CMV’s in fleet.
- Review medical cards to ensure they are current.
- Review with drivers of the hours of service regulations and ensure ELD’s are installed. Pay particular attention to Part 395.22 and Part 395.24 for ELD compliance.
- Ensure all fees are current (UCR, HVUT) etc.
As always, feel free to contact any of the MMTA staff if we can be of assistance.