Maine’s workforce shortage is the most serious issue facing MMTA members, which is why our association has invested in the Go Your Way campaign to attract the next generation of truckers. To further support those looking at a career in trucking, MMTA has partnered with Maine Savings FCU to provide a NO INTEREST loan program to help finance CDL training tuition costs at approved CDL schools.
- 100% financing of tuition costs (up to $7,000) of a CDL course through approved CDL schools;
- 0% interest rate;
- First payment deferred to 60 days after completion of course;
- Flexible repayment terms (up to 36 months with $50 minimum payment);
- No collateral or prior credit required;
- Easy online application to apply;
- Reasonable credit standards;
- An appeal option directly with MMTA for applicants that do not initially qualify;
- Only Maine residents going to approved Maine trade schools are eligible;
- Borrower must be at least 18 and must join Maine Savings FCU to be eligible.
Want to learn more and/or apply? CLICK HERE to go directly to the MMTA Education Loan program page at Maine Savings FCU.